Monday 16 November 2009

Birgitta Lund - "In Transit"

 

I really find this series of travel photography by Birgitta Lund very interesting. Named "In Transit", Lund's work represent's her journey from Copenhagen to America, specifically New York where she studied. I was drawn to the series when I saw it in an online photography magazine article, by the first image I have added to this post. I loved the neon colours and the yellow of the taxis under it, and it reminded me of Crewdson's work, although her images come from a very different place, away from his heavily controlled movie style sets.

I am beginning to be very drawn to the idea of travel and movement, especially on the road. This fits very nicely into the transitional spaces theme, and is something I would definitely like to explore...



No comments:

Post a Comment