Monday 16 November 2009

The Renowned Gregory Crewdson - Colours & Light

So following my shoot, I continued on my quest for inspiration and research. When browsing through my blog I tried to start looking at why I liked the images, other than for the reasons I have already outlined to do with the surreal aspect. Most commonly, I found, the images had be shot during the twilight hours, or at night. I really love the vibrancy of the colours at this time, and I found they really reminded me of Gregory Crewdson's work.I thought he was especially relevant as a lot of his work deals with surreal themes, in a seemly normal environment.



I specifically looked at work including vehicles and street scenes, to conform to the transitional spaces theme I started with. I absolutely love the colours that characterise Crewson's work, the rich blues and purples really bring the image to life, and the oranges and reds artificial neon lights and street lamps create a wonderful mix. I'd really like to start working in this sort if light, waiting for it to be right before I shoot my subject, I find it extremely inspirational!

No comments:

Post a Comment